Category Archives: Troy
Our phone system is currently down, if you need to contact us please email us. We apologize for the inconveniences, we will update you as soon as the issue is resolved. Thank you for your understanding.
Our phone systems are now working again, thank you for your patience.
Our phone system is currently down, if you need to contact us please email us. We apologize for the inconveniences, we will update you as soon as the issue is resolved. Thank you for your understanding. Contact us at for Admissions email@example.com, for Student Services firstname.lastname@example.org, and for the Director email@example.com.
Due to icy road conditions we are closed today Tuesday, January 17, 2017.
Due to heavy snow conditions Schoolhouse Montessori Academy-Troy will be closed Monday December 12, 2016. Stay safe!
COOKIES AROUND THE WORLD
The Holidays are the perfect time to indulge in a cookie exchange, especially if they are cookies from around the world. With that being said, Schoolhouse is a unique and beautiful community, with different ethnic backgrounds. We would like to invite all of our Schoolhouse families to participate in this great event. Bring a small bag of your special cookies (2-4 per bag) from your homeland or special recipe to exchange. It will be an hour and half event, 6:00pm to 7:30pm. It will be fun evening mingling with others, getting to know them, and socializing. While the adults are socializing and exchanging cookies, the children will be entertained by a puppet show. The assistant teachers will monitor the students during the show. Wear your traditional/cultural attire, or any bright colors to make our environment bright and vibrant to bring in the season of “JOY”.
We will not have PM Kids Club on this day.
When: December 1st
Location: Troy Community Center room 304/305
Time: 6:00pm to 7:30pm
Dress code: traditional/cultural or holiday attire
Happy Friday! It was another fabulous week at SMA. To top it off, we had an in-house presentation. Mrs. Jyot Shah, one of our Olive morning Assistant Teacher’s did an awesome presentation on Diwali. Diwali is coming up this Sunday. The children were fascinated by the colorful artifacts, and a dance presentation by the Olive students. Diwali is the festival of lights for our friends from India. It is always good to allow children to learn new things, as they are inquisitive and always eager to know.
- October 31st: It will be a regular school day but NO PM Kids Club. School will end promptly at 3:15pm for the Full Day and PM Kids Club students. If you are unable to pick up your child on time on this day, please make another pickup arrangement. On this day, your child is allowed to come in his/her Halloween costume with one condition, it must provide easy access to the bathroom and be easy to move around in to go about the normal school day. Masks and pretend weapons are not allowed. Children must wear regular closed shoes. On this day, we will also have an indoor parade. The information went home on Monday. The parade will start at 10:00am sharp for the AM and Full Day students. For PM only students, the parade is at 1:00pm. Parents are welcome to attend, but it is not mandatory. The parade last for 15 to 20 minutes only. We are in need of two more parent volunteers to pass out candy. If you are interested, please email Ms. Sfire.
- November 24-25th: For Thanksgiving break, school will be closed and childcare will not be available.
- November 30th: School Picture retake day.
- December 1st: Cookies Around the World.
Have a great, safe weekend!
At 10:00AM on October 21st, 2016 the whole school practiced in a Tornado drill, it went very well.
Schoolhouse Montessori Academy of Troy
3305 Crooks Road, Troy MI 48084
Presents Evening Thursday Tours 5pm-7pm
Are you looking for a great school for your child? Look no further, Schoolhouse Montessori Academy educates children age 18 months to Kindergarten.
- On-Site Registration Available
- Classroom Tours
- Learn more about the benefits of a Montessori EducationMonthly Evening Tour Dates:
- Thursday October 20th 5:00pm-7:00pm
- Thursday November 17th 5:00pm-7:00pm
- Thursday December 15th 5:00pm-7:00pm
Please Contact our Admissions Coordinator Paul Dwyer to learn more.
248-649-6149 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Daily Tours available Monday through Friday 10:00am-5:00pm. We accept scheduled tours and walk-ins.
Due to inclement weather, we are rescheduling our Blake’s Orchard field trip to next Friday, October 7th. It will not be convenient for our very young children picking apples and pumpkins in the rain. I hope you will bear with us. If you have planned to chaperone and this new day is not available for you, please email me back immediately. Tomorrow, September 30th will be a regular school day (pizza lunch for full day students only). If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.